CentOS 5.4 Virtualization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello..as you will see from the question, i'm total beginer ..
The problem is: How do i create hhtp or ftp or nfs for URL of install source, wanted by Virtual Manager, or a KickStart file...
How do i create the "tree".

and the other question: how can i create image, iso file, of CDROM content?

thanx...

We need a lot more information on your equipment, and a better description of what you are attempting to accomplish...

odg

I've installed CentOS 5.4 on HP compaq laptop, it has Intel Core2Duo 2.0GHz processor.
I'm attending to deploy two virtual machines running Windows server 2003.
I've started Virtual manager on CentOS 5.4 and because of the processor, manager is offering me only paravirtualization (full not possible).
After selecting one processor and necessary hard disc space for future VM, Virtual manager asks for URL of the
installation source (http or ftp links)or URL for kickstart install file.

How do i provide those URLs, if installation CD of Windows server 2003 is localy on LAPTOP (or in CDROM) ?

and another problem, when i've tried to deploy NFS server on CentOS 5.4, the file /etc/exports is read-only, cannot write in it!

i'm not familiar with CentOS myself.. and don't recall seeing threads on it before here in TechSpot so not sure how many here might know about it... Have you tried the CentOS forums?

CentOS is a fork of RHEL. I'm not absolutely sure what you're trying to do though, but this is not really the best place to ask for anything more than basic Linux support as it's a mainly a windows support board. Head for linuxquestions or the CentOS forums.

We need a lot more information on your equipment, and a better description of what you are attempting to accomplish...

@raybay
It's not the first time but i ask you make it the last ...

Please don't ask someone to write more detailed information about topics you don't understand nor do you know how to answer yourself even after someone makes the extra effort to supply you the info you requested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back