change out a motherboard and processor, repaired OS but still no joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so as I said when I introduced myself I fix computers for a living but I am not that good at it yet since I havent been doing it for too long. So I had to change out a motherboard and processor, no biggie, right? Well since it was not OEM I had to do a repair install of windows. Again, not a biggie, but at the point in the instalation where you need to restart your computer, or it will restart itself then it is supposed to come back on and continue the setup all the computer does it reboot over and over and never continues. I then tryed using a xp boot cd and did a HDD test. It passed, I again tryed to repare install with a status quo outcome. Anybody have any ideas? Greatly appriciated! Have a wonderful day!
Liz
21 NC

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Please use proper thread titles from now on. Thanks.

Sometimes after changing a mobo etc, the only way to get Windows up and running again is to reformat and reinstall from scratch. I know this is true, as I had to replace my mobo some time ago and had exactly the same problems as you. Trying a Windows repair did nothing. I reformatted and reinstalled and bingo, no more problems.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back