changed a setting now computer can't run

Status
Not open for further replies.

someone234567

one day I went to appearance and themmes changed the number of colors and after that a message moved around saying something .Now each time I turn on my computer it turns on show the emachines part go to the windows xp loading screen or whatever and where it usually asks for my username and password it goes completly blank someone help.

Try booting to safe mode (hold down F8 while booting till you get a startup menu - choose to start 'Safe Mode with Networking'. No third-party devices will work in safe mode, but it should allow you to get to Control Panel and change colors back to 16bit (medium) or 32bit. The startup menu also gives you 'Last Known Good Configuration' which may be all you need to do (try Last Known Good ....first, if no joy try safe mode with networking.

whats this

after I choose safe mode with networking I choose windows XP and there a list of some stuff is this suppose to happen.

yes, you'll get a load of text-lines scrolling down on a black screen, this is DOS emulation setting up for safe mode and excluding third party drivers.. Normal behaviour.

I had a problem like this one after updating my Video Drivers. I fixed this problem by Pressing F8 during the boot and going into "advanced options" and choosing "enable VGA" (or something like that) and it continued to boot using the windows xp drivers. Maybe from here you can change the colour back.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back