Changed DVD player but new one not working, help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren192

Hello, my dvd rom wouldn't open so I took another one and put it in. That does open and in My Computer sometimes reader as a dvd r and sometimes cd rom. My game exe for Empire Total War and other games shows up the icon that looks like a blank flag and when clicked messages something like this is not a win32 file or I/O error. I tried updating the dvd - a Liteon model - but the message said it wouldn't flash the dvd rom. Help would be appreciated, as ever.

Maybe you neglected to set the jumper at the rear of the drive to the same setting as the old DVD drive, that is, master, slave or cable select.

Maybe you neglected to set the jumper at the rear of the drive to the same setting as the old DVD drive, that is, master, slave or cable select.

The old one was Master, as is the new one - so that as it dturns out doesn't explain why my dvds won't run/dvd games also. Help!

Oh yes - should mention the drive recognises files so shows say folders and music files, but exe files icons come out wrong and don't work, and as soon as I stick a dvd game disc in the drive in My Computer re-names itself as a CD-drive. Weird.

Can you double check the tightness of the data cable connections for both devices (if there is a second one) and on the motherboard just in case one came loose while you were installing the new drive.

Is this the only optical drive in this PC?

Can you double check the tightness of the data cable connections for both devices (if there is a second one) and on the motherboard just in case one came loose while you were installing the new drive.

Is this the only optical drive in this PC?

will do.

I also have a cdrw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back