Changing 5400+ Black Edition Voltages

Status
Not open for further replies.

pingpongmury

i'm trying to change the voltages on my AMD 5400+ Black Edition from 1.34v to get it past 3.2ghz because at 3.3ghz it'll shut down.

i've tried using ntune, rivatuner, clockgen, and there's no option or menu to change voltages, it only displays what the current voltage is.

in ntune there is a slider to change voltages in the CPU but at the bottom of the slider there is a "N/A" and the slider is shaded and it wont slide.

if there is any other program or something else i can do to change my CPU voltages let me know

Thank You,

I'm not too familiar with most third party overclocking apps, so I can't throw much your way in regards to that. You have a non-proprietary system? If so, you'll likely be able to modify some settings in the BIOS.

what do you mean "non-proprietary"? And i've looked through my BIOS and found nothing... they're Phoenix Technologies BIOS

A proprietary system would be a PC built by a company such as Dell, HP, Gateway, etc. These kinds of PCs often do not allow for changes to voltages for overclocking. If you have a non-proprietary system, one that is self built or custom built, you might be able to change voltages in the BIOS. If you've tried that and didn't find that option, then you might be out of luck.

By the way, if you do have a PC built by Dell, Gateway, etc., you should put that info into your system specs.

yeah mine's a gateway pc, the motherboard is stock but i upgraded everything else
Yes that would be the problem right there, the motherboard is what ultimately regulates voltage flow. If the option is not in your bios, which it probably isn't, then your out of luck.

Your system specs say 3.4, how did you get it to that clock?

Anyway, just research around and find a motherboard that has good reviews and has the overclocking features that you are looking for. I really like my AsRock 780GXE, but others have their own preferred board.

yea they do... must have been a typo.. supposed to be 3.1ghz, i'll change it

but i've been looking for a motherboard but i can't find any AMD boards that have full dual x16 SLI. Just dual x8 or x16 & 8.

i'll keep lookin... does XFX or EVGA make full SLI boards for AMD?

but i've been looking for a motherboard but i can't find any AMD boards that have full dual x16 SLI. Just dual x8 or x16 & 8.
I have seen plenty, maybe your just looking for the wrong boards, aside from that it hardly matters.
I would use a 780GX or similar.

Why do you want an SLI board? The 5400+ would probably bottleneck any reasonable SLI system, and there is no garranty a new motherboard will boost your CPU, and if it does it won't be by much.

i know a new mb wouldnt boost my CPU i just wanted to have an OC feature available for the future, same with the SLI

i'm not planning on building a new rig anytime soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back