Changing MAC Address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coronas

What is the safest was to permanently change my MAC address? I have an onboard Ethernet card, and I don't know if it is possible.

Im getting:

"Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /WebDrive/web/whatismyipaddress.com/geeklog/system/databases/mysql.class.php on line 112
Cannnot connect to DB server"

And also...what do I change it to? I dont know what the values mean, and I tried changing it before, but It wouldn't connect with it. It just tried finding a connection for a long time :S

You cannot change a MAC address permanently - it is burned in the chip on your NIC. So unless you go and grab a soldering iron.. no way. Get a new network card?

You can override the builtin MAC with software or NIC drivers of course, and that change may be applied every time you boot up your OS.

Also, why do you have to do this?

"Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections
This is clearly a problem in MySQL, not Windows OS (this forum) nor this
thread (changing MAC address).

Suggest you visit the MySQL site for their discussion groups :)

What? no. im telling you the error I got when i visted that website.

Nodsu said:
You cannot change a MAC address permanently - it is burned in the chip on your NIC. So unless you go and grab a soldering iron.. no way. Get a new network card?

You can override the builtin MAC with software or NIC drivers of course, and that change may be applied every time you boot up your OS.

Also, why do you have to do this?

I was hardware banned from a game lol. Not for cheating (like anyone would say) but because I disallowed my ports, which the game needed. overtime i got banned...

The MySQL server has rejected the connection, and from your client side,
you will not impact the result (ie get a connection) when the server is responding
'Too many connections'. Your IP address,MAC address, or
even your login on that server have nothing to do with the TOO MANY conditions.
The server was configured, for example, 1000 connections, and at this moment
they're all in use, so the server refuses any new connections until resource
become available. This is a frequent issue for webserver configurations.

no no no guys lol. i don't own that website. my question wasnt direct for the mysql thing lol.

yes, your question was clear, but contrdictory to the symptom you cited.
you appear to be addressing a symptom rather than the cause of the error message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back