Changing motherboards on Emachines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin246

I have an Emachines T6410.(Yes, it is very crappy) I've heard that it is not possible to change the processor in this particular model. However, I'm looking for a motherboard that could hopefully be compatible with this Emachines computer. If I get the new motherboard, I'm guessing that I'll be able to change the processor as well.

This is the motherboard I'm interested in:
MSI K9A2 Platinum AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard

This is the processor I'm interested in:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Windsor 3.2GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core Processor

Is it possible to change the processor in the Emachines T6410 if I purchase and install a new motherboard? And will the products I mentioned be compatible with this computer? (Sorry if this is a dumb question; I don't know much about this kind of thing)
Thanks for any help.

OK, so I can change my processor and motherboard; unfortunately, I have to purchase a complete new copy of Windows XP. *sigh*

Thanks for the assistance.

If gaming on your computer is not in the picture for you and you want "stuff" to work faster,less lag or generally just looking for better all around experience with your machine I would like to suggest that instead of a hardware fix to scratch your itch try a software solution. Install Ubuntu linux Hardy Heron or any other linux distro thats out there.google youtube and search Ubuntu,lots of video posted there for you to get quick look at what It can do for you;it is amazing stuff.
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back