Changing Windows Firewall to private profile

arjune

Hi guys;gals: my firewall profile is set to public profile and I would like to know how to set it to private profile under administrative tools using "windows firewall with advanced security". There is "Domain", "Private", and "Public" listed. I have an Acer 5420-5038 laptop with windows Vista home premium 32bit. I created an Ad-Hoc network and is unable to share a file (a word file) with my friend's computer although he was able to connect to my ad-hoc network. This is the first time I am trying this.

delete the network connect and create another. You should get the prompt for Private vs Public.

btw: Sharing works only when your friend is directly connected to your router, NOT across ISP connections (Thank GOD!)

I want to control the firewall not individual networks

I want to change the firewall to make private network active and not customize individual networks to private when connected, Also with the AdHoc I am not using a router but a computer peer to peer connection via wi-fi. Why don't I have my required functionality--has Aliens changed something?

Back