Cheap dual monitor support

Status
Not open for further replies.

onesmartidiot

okay, i want to set my system up for dual monitor support. i have an amd64 3000+ and 1.5 gb ram blah blah blah. i know i could buy a new card with 2 outputs. can i keep my current geforce4 agp and buy a pci videocard for the second monitor? this setup will have me running 2 videocards for each monitor. is there some conflict issue with this or would it be easier to pony up for a new card?

i have windows xp pro sp2 (build 2600 if that matters)

i have avail pci slots, but i forgot to mention that i had a pci tv tuner- will this affect anything?

If you are going to be buying a new card anyway. Intead of trying to find a decent PCI video card I would just upgrage that old Geforce 4 card to something with dual heads and just run off one video card. That way you get an updrade on your main monitor as well with some better looking graphics.

any cards you would recommend?

im trying to stay under the 75 dollar level, but i want at least 128memory, but i should get 256 just to be done. should i get dual dvi and but adaptors (for my 2 vga monitors) or just get whatevers cheapest?

agp 8x

i was looking at newegg and i can get a radeon 9800se for 70 bucks.
what is more important- core speed or memory type (ex 64 bit- 128 bit)

Hey guys. Im new to techspot.com. You guys look like you know what;s going on so can someone tell me this: My built in videoport on my motherboard is being overridden by my new AGP single vga card. (im going for dual monitors). Could I buy a single vga port PCI card and run it along with the AGP at the same time? Or is there a way to force the AGP to work with the built in vga port?

my buddys system had options in the bios to select the onboard video, external pci express (agp in your case) and auto. so i think they set these things up for you to use one or the other. but i would buy a new agp card with dual monitor support before id buy a pci video card. its just an extra hassle with drivers. while on that subject, stay as far away from ati as possible. theyre drivers are so glitchy and very unreliable. i think i answered your question, let me know if i didnt

i re read this fourum and wanted to say that the sapphire 9800 se i bought sucked. also my buddys x800 was horrible, and now just dosent work. i will never buy ati again.

maybe thats why nvidia was more expensive.... lol but for real though, nvidia has one driver for all the geforce cards. ati has a certain driver for every single card and for the most part they dont work right. maybe i can blame my el cheapo 70 dollar card for my troubles, but my buddies 180 dollar radeon dosent work to well either. but ive heard 3 or 4 geeks who have recently bought geforce 6 and 7 series cards and say they are flawless. i guess they are up to geforce 8 so now us normal people can buy 6 and 7 series cards lol.

Would you spring for a $100.00?

onesmart***** said:
maybe thats why nvidia was more expensive.... lol but for real though, nvidia has one driver for all the geforce cards. ati has a certain driver for every single card and for the most part they dont work right. maybe i can blame my el cheapo 70 dollar card for my troubles, but my buddies 180 dollar radeon dosent work to well either. but ive heard 3 or 4 geeks who have recently bought geforce 6 and 7 series cards and say they are flawless. i guess they are up to geforce 8 so now us normal people can buy 6 and 7 series cards lol.
Newegg is selling EVGA GT7600 cards in the $100 to $120 range. The EVGA GS7600s are below $100. My Intel G965WM board has auto-detect in the BIOS for external graphics. Intel has gone that extra mile past foolproof to imbecile proof, perhaps even computer expert proof. Newegg E-mailed me for a review on my GT7600 saying they were giving these cards a monthly customers' choice award.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back