[Closed] Cannot find a solution to possible DLL malware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First I would like to say im a long time lurker and decided I need an account as some things I cannot sort alone.

K my problem started last night, when I boot up my pc I get View attachment 74531
I have searched and searched and this file does not exist, so I ran malwarebytes - nothing, MSE - nothing, then tried using numerous online checkers and the file can be found on these but not when I am searching windows. I cannot get this file checked on any of these programs as I select the file it opens and has a crazy amount of files in it, some of which are my genuine files and applications on my PC. I do not have time to scan each file using these as it would take a life time.

I have not noticed any slowness, no other blue screens/random shut downs in fact the only thing I have noticed is the old longrunning scripts on wepages are more frequent.

I have used CMD to try n locate the file, nothing says it is not there. Any one any ideas what this is and why I cannot get shut of it.

Hello, and welcome to TechSpot.

rulesx.png
Please see here for the board rules and other FAQ.

Please feel free to introduce yourself, after you follow the steps below to get started.

Information
  • From this point on, please do not make any more changes to your computer; such as install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc. - unless advised by a malware removal helper.
  • Please do not ask for help elsewhere (in this site or other sites). Doing so can result in system changes, which may not show up in the logs you post.
  • If you have already asked for help somewhere, please post the link to the topic you were helped.
  • We try our best to reply quickly, but for any reason we do not reply in two days, please reply to this topic with the word BUMP!
  • Lastly, keep in mind that we are volunteers, so you do not have to pay for malware removal. Persist in this topic until its close, and your computer is declared clean.
Please review the 5-Step removal instructions and post the logs back here for my review.

Also, include this scan:

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Delete.
  • A logfile will automatically open after the scan has finished.
  • Please post the content of that logfile in your reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[Rn].txt as well - n is the order number.

Thank you for the quick reply, awsome of you to help me.

The log file from Adwcleaner is # AdwCleaner v2.007 - Logfile created 11/07/2012 at 23:17:19
# Updated 06/11/2012 by Xplode
# Operating system : Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (32 bits)
# User : jamie - JAMIE-PC
# Boot Mode : Normal
# Running from : C:\Users\jamie\Desktop\adwcleaner.exe
# Option [Search]

***** [Services] *****

***** [Files / Folders] *****
Folder Found : C:\Program Files\Conduit
Folder Found : C:\ProgramData\Babylon
Folder Found : C:\ProgramData\boost_interprocess
Folder Found : C:\Users\jamie\AppData\Local\Babylon
Folder Found : C:\Users\jamie\AppData\Local\Conduit
Folder Found : C:\Users\jamie\AppData\LocalLow\Conduit
Folder Found : C:\Users\jamie\AppData\Roaming\Babylon
***** [Registry] *****
Key Found : HKCU\Software\AppDataLow\Software\Conduit
Key Found : HKCU\Software\AppDataLow\Software\SmartBar
Key Found : HKLM\Software\Babylon
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\{5B1881D1-D9C7-46DF-B041-1E593282C7D0}
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\{BDB69379-802F-4EAF-B541-F8DE92DD98DB}
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{3C471948-F874-49F5-B338-4F214A2EE0B1}
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Prod.cap
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Toolbar.CT3072253
Key Found : HKLM\Software\Conduit
Key Found : HKLM\Software\Iminent
***** [Internet Browsers] *****
-\\ Internet Explorer v9.0.8112.16421
[OK] Registry is clean.
-\\ Google Chrome v [Unable to get version]
File : C:\Users\jamie\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences
Found [l.183] : homepage = "hxxp://search.babylon.com/?AF=109217&babsrc=HP_ss&mntrId=448de70c000000000000001c252974ea",
AdwCleaner[R1].txt - [1668 octets] - [07/11/2012 23:17:19]
########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner[R1].txt - [1728 octets] ##########

Greets. :)

ComboFix scan

Please download ComboFix
combofix.gif
by sUBs
From BleepingComputer.com

Please save the file to your Desktop.

Important information about ComboFix

After the download:
  • Close any open browsers.
  • Very Important: Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results". Please visit here if you don't know how.
  • WARNING: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts
  • Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until ComboFix has completely finished.
  • If there is no Internet connection after running ComboFix, then restart your computer to restore back your connection.
Running ComboFix:
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • When ComboFix finishes, it will produce a report for you.
  • Please post the report, which will launch or be found at "C:\Combo-Fix.txt" in your next reply.
Troubleshooting ComboFix

Safe Mode:

If you still cannot get ComboFix to run, try booting into Safe Mode, and run it there.

(To boot into Safe Mode, tap F8 after BIOS, and just before the Windows
logo appears. A list of options will appear, select "Safe Mode.")

Re-downloading:

If this doesn't work either, try the same method (above method), but try to download it again, except name
ComboFix.exe to iexplore.exe, explorer.exe, or winlogon.exe.

Malware is known for blocking all "user" processes, except for its whitelist of system important processes such as iexplore.exe, explorer.exe, winlogon.exe.

NOTE: If you encounter a message "illegal operation attempted on registry key that has been marked for deletion" and no programs will run - please just reboot and that will resolve that error.

Tried 6 times to get that to work on my 3rd and 6th attempt my pc blue screened. I am buying a new mainboard today as mines ruined, lost 2 ram slots after the blue screens and I get the bad ram bleeps at start up when 2 of my cards in the those slots, tested the cards in the working ports n all 4 are fine, so ill have to do a clean install of win 7 any ways. Thanks for your help though man really nice of you to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back