Cmos problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrodz

yesterday i was tweaking my bios as i went to save and boot up windows the screen went blank, i then unplugged the power supply and put it back in when i started it up it brought me to the options on how to boot i chose last known good save when i hit enter the computer freezes and i need to restart it by unplugging on the second restart i got "CMOS checksum bad" so i went to the store and bought a new one only to come to the same problem with it freezing at the boot options. NEED help please

thanks

Amd athlon 64 2.4 ghz
Asus mobo
Xfx 7600 gt gfx
2x1g ocz ram
I disabled and switched which drivers to boot and increased the cpu to 132

Specs

Asus mobo
Amd athlon 64 2.4 ghz
7600gt xfx gfx
2x1g ocz ram
Comp was built 4 years ago

I disabled and switched which drivers to boot I also increased the cpu to 132

Have you tried resetting your BIOS?
Can you verify that you didn't change anything you weren't supposed to?

When I booted up with the new cmos battery I got the option to reset to default settings and did
I tried getting into the bios after the second restart and was unable to I noticed in the boot order options all that was booting up was floppy drive which I do not have and the cd drive I don't have the 3rd option to turn on the drives I disabled

yes i can feel it booting up
i got into the bios all thats listed in boot priority is..
1: floppy drive
2: HDD:pM-WDC WD3200J
3: CDROM:SM-SONY CD-R

now all im getting when i boot up is "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device"

You may want to check how you have your computer set to start up. It could be looking at a device that is not installed. Check in the bios. You should see a menu that will allow you to choose which devices you want to use to boot on startup. Hope this helps.

i cant even get into bios now it goes right to the "reboot or insert device screen" i inserted winxp cd went to repair the cmd: Fixboot gives me "cannot find the system drive, or the drive specified is not valid.
Fixmbr
Bootcfg /rebuild : error failed to successfully scan disks for windows installations. this error may be caused by a corrupt file system, which would prevent bootcfg from successfully scanning. use chkdsk to detect any disk errors.
chkdsk : the specified drive is not valid, or there is no disk in the drive.

i cant even get into bios now it goes right to the "reboot or insert device screen" i inserted winxp cd went to repair the cmd: Fixboot gives me "cannot find the system drive, or the drive specified is not valid.
Fixmbr
Bootcfg /rebuild : error failed to successfully scan disks for windows installations. this error may be caused by a corrupt file system, which would prevent bootcfg from successfully scanning. use chkdsk to detect any disk errors.
chkdsk : the specified drive is not valid, or there is no disk in the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back