Code 43...

Currently I'm using a Alienware M14x r1 and tried to play a few games I have on my computer. Before this, I had gone through and deleted a bunch of old programs and random things that I didnt need...and accidentally hit the wrong areas. So now I'm missing some drivers, I've been going from website to website to website trying to find an answer, I've uninstalled NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M and re-installed it with no luck, I have gotten a few other drivers to work so far but other than that its the same, I'll uninstall it, restart computer, install, code 43. Any suggestions as to what to do?

Code 43 on what? The installer? Windows? Need specifics!

Maybe it might also be easier to just start from scratch, depending on how much data you have.

When I right click it and go to properties, this is the first thing I see under the General Tab:
"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"
On the other drivers (Specifically Unknown Device,) when I right click and go to properties this pops up:
"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."
Click update driver, doesn't find anything for it and I have no idea what it is as it just says
Manufacturer: Unknown
The other driver that wont work is SM Bus Controller, again right click properties:

I've been looking for this one EVERYWHERE. Still haven't found it.
And last one is Ethernet Controller:

Clicked on update driver, didnt find anything, as usual.
The bluetooth driver also isnt working but I'm not as worried on that one.

Have you tried getting the drivers from the Dell support site? Go to it's download/drivers section and enter your service tag. Try the drivers it provides

Back