Command and Conquer 3 Realtek AC97(DirectX 9?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, My name is Yair and i recently bought CNC3.
I'm experiencing a problem with the game, it seems i am missing sound tracks, such as some of the speech and the tracks volume balance is incoherent(for example, the speech in the movies is waaaaay off volumed compared to the background noises such as footsteps and such).
I've tried all the: "Hardware acceleration to Basic" stuff and such, with no success.
My DXDiag lists the onboard soundcard as Realtek AC97(my sister's computer, so i'm not that familer with it), and it is linked to a surround sound system, and apparently has some kind fo 5.1 support.
All my attempts of finding some useful info about the card have brought nothing, so i was wondering if any of you might help, and if the card is even remotely DX9.0c compatible, or should i just invest another 20$ and but a decent PCI soundcard?
Thank you,
Yair.

I'm not the complete expert here, but just speaking out of my own experience, make sure that all speakers have sound coming out of them, because I think some games have different audio tracks coming from different speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back