Comp Freeze with minidump!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucb10

Each time i open a 3d application (Any Game), after about 5 min. my comp either freezes, restarts or there's a blue screen without anything written. I have the latest drivers and bios and the temp seemes to be fine (about 39 to 47 degrees celcius). After restarting my comp. i get sometimes a minidump. Can someone tell me whats wrong with my computer?

My Comp:
Pentium 4 2.40GHz
512 mb ram
256mb Ati Radeon 9550
Realtek AC97 Audio
Win. Xp service pack 2
DirectX 9.0c

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All your minidumps are corrupt and unreadable. This is a sign of faulty ram/psu.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Also, check that your psu is putting out enough power for your system.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Here, this one should be readable. Im no expert at dump files but does this one with the others mean that i have corrupted ram? And yes i already ran memtest so now im gonna try removing one by one my ram sticks and see if that helps. Thx for all you have done :D

Your minidump crashes at portcls.sys. This is the Windows Port Class (Class Driver for Port/Miniport Devices). It also references ALCXWDM.SYS. this is part of your onboard sound drivers. It has a bugcheck of 0A.

Your miniump references nhl06.exe(NHL06) as the owning process. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. also, check for any updates/patches that may be available.

I still suggest you follow the instructions I gave you.

Regards Howard :)

Thx for all your help. I removed one of my ram sticks and now it works fine. i guess im gonna have to buy a new one!

your only minidump points to a corrupted onboard sound driver. This alone is insufficient info. Zip up a few more minidumps

Tedster said:
your only minidump points to a corrupted onboard sound driver. This alone is insufficient info. Zip up a few more minidumps

Tedster. lucb10 has posted 6 minidumps altogether, 5 of which were corrupt and unreadable. As you know corrupt minidumps are a sign of faulty ram/psu.

The fact that removing on of the ram sticks seems to have resolved the problem, is further evidence of a ram problem.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back