Comp Hangs and Sound Loops

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSchmidt

Any online game on my comp locks or hangs while playing a sound loop. Its a great system that I put together myself. I have service pack 2 for XP installed and the latest drivers for my video card and onboard sound. I even flashed the BIOS. The games all play fine solo but as soon as I play an online game or LAN I am either immediately dropped or the game hangs and plays a sound loop. Sometimes it will recover but once it hangs, it starts hanging in rapid succesion after that. Also Ive opened event viewer and there isnt any thing on that to indicate a problem. Please help ive been trying to fix this for almost 6 weeks now =\
Gforce 6700 vcard
GA-945PL-S3 mobo

Its a brand new mobo, the comp is only 6 weeks old. The mobo is what i use for my cat5 to plug into. I have tried installing a seperate nic card and it still does the same thing there.

Also when I swapped in this video card it does it alot more frequently. I thought it might have to do with some corrupt file so I wiped the harddrive and reinstalled everything again with teh most uptodate drivers etc. I even found the missing .dll's for Direct X and put those in. Still it hangs while playing online and lan games, and it does it quickly not after hours of playing. Any ideas would be much appreciated guys I'm tearing my hair out in frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back