Company of Heroes 2 Review: More of the Same, Only Better

Julio Franco

Staff member
Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/review/690-company-of-heroes-2/]https://www.techspot.com/review/690-company-of-heroes-2/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

Meh, looks dull :(

Shame they canceled COH online project, that was a blast.

This game is awesome! Bought it on g2play for 30€, including DLCs!
Yes Cutscenes are kinda dull but story overall is OK, MP and ToW is where real fun begin.

I've played the original CoH for years with a good friend. Even if this one is more of the same I'm excited to play it.

There are many, myself included, who would argue the basic design underpinning the original was almost perfect, and it's still there.
100% agreed.

I waited patiently for this for years and I don't mind if it's same as the original game I'm gonna buy it.

Besides original CoH set the bar so high that there's not much I'd ask from Relic in this. Actually it made a lot of strategy games out there to look like crap to the point I couldn't play anything else (except for very few such as World in Conflict) till the end without being extremely bored or getting irritated.

I've played the original CoH for years with a good friend. Even if this one is more of the same I'm excited to play it.

It's more of the same, but better. Better AI, more detailed control over movement (you can get your troops to scale a low wall now, instead of having to go around it), and better, more detailed graphics and awesome sound effects. Really, this is exactly what needed to be done; moderate and incremental improvements to the essentially perfect recipe. I'm so sick of hearing people saying that because it's similar to the original, that's a bad thing. NO, it's a GOOD thing. It's like chess; the game is virtually perfect for what it is. The only improvements are minor and incremental. A complete redesign is the last thing true RTS players wanted from COH2. The only thing is that it would be nice if it could be more optimized to take advantage of multi-core CPUs, and I'm confident subsequent patches will improve performance and make the game even smoother. Hats off to Relic for getting the game out in playable condition after the bankruptcy of THQ, and hats off to Sega for buying Relic and getting the game published.

Back