Compaq hard-disc overheat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.
I have a Compaq Presario cq61 105EE model laptop. i received it last year. from the time i got the laptop, there was an inherent hard disc heating problem.i didn't pay much attention to it then as many people told me that it was common in Compaq laptops. however over the last few weeks, the problem has become more severe as it is summer here (India) and the room temperature reaches 40 degrees Celsius. the laptop's hard disc reaches a temperature of 65 degrees Celsius. i have bought a cool pad .it helps but to a small extent. My warranty has also expired. any suggestions on what to do?

Hi.
I have a Compaq Presario cq61 105EE model laptop. i received it last year. from the time i got the laptop, there was an inherent hard disc heating problem.i didn't pay much attention to it then as many people told me that it was common in Compaq laptops. however over the last few weeks, the problem has become more severe as it is summer here (India) and the room temperature reaches 40 degrees Celsius. the laptop's hard disc reaches a temperature of 65 degrees Celsius. i have bought a cool pad .it helps but to a small extent. My warranty has also expired. any suggestions on what to do?

Not much you can do except get an Aluminum base ANTEC cooling dual turbo fans even get USB to AC adapter to keep it cooling and not use up your battery to do so. The issue is poor cooling design. I have HP/Compaq does the same thing. Some DELL have the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back