Compaq Presario 2200 screen flicker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noam

Hi,

I've got a Presario 2200 whose screen flickers black and white horizontal lines at some of the angles its positioned at. Usually if I open it up at a big angle it's fine, but as I go more acute the flickering starts. At some point the screen even goes black.

I tried opening it up to see if I could identify anything wrong with the connection but it seems fine. I even disconnected and reconnected the display cord. Still flickers.

Anyone have an idea of what I could do to fix this flickering?

One more thing, which is more my second priority... the wireless networking in the laptop doesn't work. The blue wireless button won't even turn on. What should I check? The wireless antenna cables in the Mini PCI communications board seem fine..

Here are the laptop's manuals: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=442823&lang=en&

Thanks in advance. =)

The screen flicker is most likely caused by a faulty video cable connecting the display to the motherboard.

As for the wireless module, if it wont power on then the switch is defective. IMHO those switches are the worst thing since ground beef and sauerkraut (A college roommate of mine actually made that once..........HORRIBLE! :dead: ) I usually lock mine witha plastic shim, and just control; the wireless from Network Connections inside the Control Panel

"As for the wireless module, if it wont power on then the switch is defective"...

Not necessairly. Sometimes this is caused by a corrupt OS, or a bad motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back