Compaq Presario, no backlight on screen and boot loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZaUcY

hey, i know someon posted a similar thread to this but no one was responding on his.

so i have a compaq presario f500 that wont bring a backlight on the screen and i can tell from the lights just keeps looping the boot cycle. is there a way to make a second moniotor the default monitor via some hotkey? actually thats all i have to ask.
thanks

can you describe your problem by providing more data? you mean, that your laptop won't start, or it starts, but you see no backlight? by default, all these quanta models are show welcome logo 2 external monitor during start. and by default, all these model with nv-go6150 northbridge have dead videochip/northbridge :)

im not to positive, its my sisters laptop. she said that the wireless quit working like she got a virus or there were corrupted files then one day it just wouldnt turn on. and the laptops screen wont come on (not even the backlight) and the lights blink showing it just keeps rebooting. i plugged my monitor in it and got nothing to show up. thats all the info i know really, tried swapping the ram but that didnt help, didnt really expect it to.

really? well that sucks. would there be a way of making sure?

thanks for the replies everyone

there's a quick and easy way to detect exactly the death of this chip, but this is commercial information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back