Computer BSOD frequently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skipper93

My computer has been BSODing ever since I built it. I don't think it is the hardware though. I have reformatted and done every test on hardware possible. I get a memory dump error when windows starts back up as well. Here is the error message/codes:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFFA6000A8252A
BCP3: FFFFFA600E050BF0
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Is there anyway to find out what it is with this? I have new programs such as speedfan, CPU-Z, 3DMarkVantage, coretemp, and nvidia control panel installed because I was doing some tests with it that I hadn't done on previous builds. Thanks for any help

~Skip

Your error 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

The Cause according to MS:
This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.

* It most likely is a driver but what driver is the issue because it could be something other than a graphics card driver. I was working with someone a few days earlier that the issue was with ont of Kaspersky's antivirus drivers.

When it gave you error did it give a driver as well?

When I get the BSOD it only shows up for a few seconds and the last time it happened I was scrambling for a paper when windows just rebooted. It did create a minidump file though. The BSOD is random but I usually get one when I play Farcry2 for at most 30 minutes. So I guess I can use this to get one but how will I be able to write down the code "0000x000" stuff at the bottom? Is that what is needed to see the problem?

Update your video card drivers and let us know if it resolves your issues. Follow theses steps:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro (free version) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

ok, so I just got a different error message, same blue screen. They happen when I leave the room and my pc restarts automatically so I dont ever see it.

BCCode: 1a
BCP1: 0000000000041287
BCP2: 0000000001C0BFC0
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_0_6001

ok, I can't upload this minidump because it said: Your file of 268.7 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 200.0 KB for this filetype. Anyother way this can be uploaded for you to look at?

0x1A and unfortunantly the only driver it cited was a core Windows OS driver and they are too general to be of much help. The process iTunes.exe was in the minidump and you might want to update the drivers or uninstall and reinstall.

By the way, did you try Driver Sweeper?

ok, so that didn't fix the problem today my computer crashed again. No .dmp this time. No windows error either. Should I go ahead and try to run driver sweeper now?

ok, so that didn't fix the problem today my computer crashed again. No .dmp this time. No windows error either. Should I go ahead and try to run driver sweeper now?

Yes. Follow the instructions I posted in my second response and just substitute Driver Cleaner Pro with Driver Sweeper.

Ok, I will run driver sweeper, I walked away from the computer and when I came back a little bit later the mouse and all other things had frozen, I hit the restart button and an error screen flashed. Then windows started up froze again and BSOD'ed. It didn't memory dump this time it lagged in the BSOD and replayed a 1 second clip of audio rapidly. So I had time to write this down:

***Stop: 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFFA800C082030,
0x00000000B2000040, 0x0000000000000800)

Sorry I have been holding off on the driver sweeper! I will try this right now, also is this information helpful?

0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).

I hate this error because it is hard to pin down. Lets try the standard diagnostic steps:

A. Run Memtest on your RAM

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

B. Run a full harddrive diagnostics on your harddrive. Use the free utility that you can get off of your HD manufacture's website.

C. Run ChkDsk in your Run box

D. Scan for viruses.

* Get back to us with the results. Do memtest first.

Ok, well I have run memtest when I first built this computer and if I can remember correctly it had 14 passes and 0 errors. I built this computer about a month or less ago. I just reformatted the HDD yesterday and it blue screened again with only a few of my programs loaded back on. I decided to run the Western Digital DLGDIAG that was on the website (it said 32bit vista, i run 64bit) but it seemed to have worked. I started that baby up and did the quick test... PASS. There was an extended test and I clicked it and it said the estimated time was around 2.5 hours (roughly 2.4 hours longer than the quick test :dead: ) About 45 seconds into that my computer crashed again. Could the problem in fact be the HDD? The program said it was scanning for bad sectors at the time. Thanks for your time and effort

~skip

Yes, definitely go back and see if you can run the longer test. I was running SeagateTools on an old Hitachi harddrive for a laptop. It passed the S.M.A.R.T. and Short DST twice but failed the Long DST twice. Time for a new harddrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back