Computer Crashes/Restarts With No Warning While playing Games

Blipp

System Specs:
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (64-bit) Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
RAM: 2 sticks of Corsair Vengence 8GB 1600MHz
CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz
Sound: Onboard
Video Card(s): Nvidia EVGA GTX 780 ACX Superclocked
Nvidia Drivers: V. 331.40 & V. 327.23
Power Supply Unit: Falal1ty 1000-Watt Modular Power Supply
Motherboard: ASROCK Z87 Extreme4
Mobo bios version: L2.21B
Wireless: TP-LINK 450Mbps Wireless N Adapter | Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-V
Monitor Setup: x3 ASUS VX238 Running 5760x1080 Resolution VIA Nvidia Surround.

Computer Crashes/Restarts With No Warning While playing Games:

I can run triple monitor surround no problem on windows. Just have problems running the games my GPU will go full load at 70 degrees Celsius and sometimes not even reach that temperature that degrees and it will still restart. the case I have is a Cooler Master LAN box and it gets hot at the top grill and even smells like something is burning. The games I am running are quite demanding; Crysis 3, Farcry 3, BF4 Beta and even non demanding games...like WoW or guild Wars 2! I just shuts down restarts and I have no BSoD or even and error so I am guessing it is a faulty motherboard or power supply unit since I already replaced the GPU with the same GPU. I do not know what else to DO!????? I am soooooo depressed about this I just built this RIG 2 days ago... I am,, VERY Tech Savy this is not a new thing to me it is just I have not errors or ways to find out (that I know to of) I will supply everything you guys might ask for...logs,...events...whatever you need I can get it do not think I cannot supply it.

I have been working on this problem for past 2 days now and I have tried everything it feels like.

What I have tried:
-Replaced the same video card from MicroCenter.
-swapped both RAM stick from 1-3 and 2-4 slots
-Checked everything for loose cables
-Re-seated all cables and components(CPU & heatsink)
-Reinstalled Nvidia drivers(clean install like always) Verision used - V. 331.40 & V. 327.23
-Tried different modular cables for the video card
-Ran Memtest86 4.3.4; Everything passed

Please HELP,

Matt

Thank you!

When you re-installed the CPU did you clean off the old thermal paste and apply new paste?

Wow I feel REALLY dumb....it was an unknown software issue....reformatted...and it work flawlessly now!

Lets turn off automatically restart by going to Control Panel, System, Advanced System Settings, Startup and Recovery... settings. Uncheck Automatically Restart. While you are in there, uncheck time to display a list of operating systems and reduce time to display recovery options to 5 seconds and change write debugging information to small memory dump (256k)...

Alright I tried that already... to see if I could get a log, didn't work . But I followed your instructions and lets see if it will log... Now to commence the gaming!

So....I tried what you said I have had not restart so far...hope I do not jinx it! Any ways who knew I had to raise the voltage in DRAM to 1.650v? and I had tried both of the the beta bios and v. 2.30v bios..I do no think that made a difference... any who photo repsonse from ASROCK is attach. (they just got back to me today.

Thanks for the help guys!

I really appreciate it!

Attachments

• who_new.PNG
    who_new.PNG
    7.5 KB · Views: 42
Back