Computer doesn't start up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the right place to put this, this is my first post. Basically I tried turning on my computer this afternoon and nothing happened. No output on the screen, no noise, no lights on the exterior of the case. I had switched the power off at the socket at usual the previous night, and had switched it on a few minutes before pushing the power button. I then opened the side of the case and saw that there was an LED lighted on the motherboard, so obviously the power is making it to the motherboard. However I also saw that 2 other LEDs that should be lit weren't. So at this point i'm fairly sure it's the motherboard. Just in case i disconnected it for 10 minutes then plugged it in and tried again, still nothing. Oh, and I used this computer with no trouble for several hours the night before with no problems. Also I have made no modifications to this system for at least a few months.

Anyone have any ideas for things I can try before I go buy a new motherboard?

You should try another power supply before suspecting the motherboard. What are your complete computer specs? Just because you see some lights, it doesn't mean that the power supply is good. Is this computer an eMachines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back