Computer Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCase

Hi,

I just built a computer, it has two 12" fans back and front a heatsinker, they are all working all the time. I dont think they slow down either.

Sometimes I can hear a high pitched noises and the fan is blowing out alot of air I have to shut it down wait a minuite then start it up and it goes, restarting it does not help. The temperture of the computer is allways 19/20c I only have a processor and motherboard in no graphics/sound card as its a server. So can I bring the fan down a bit to reduce the noise

Theoretically, yes. But it depends on the fans, and on the motherboard. If there are no fan controllers on board, you probably cannot.

You built the computer... right? Did the fans come already built into the case? Have you checked the website of the case builder as well as the motherboard maker?

Hi,

Various places (Fry's Electronics) and sites (NewEgg) sell fan controller that connect to either a front drive bay or to the back PCI-slot plate and they can control the speed of the fans. There are even instructions on the internet on how to make them if you are so inclined.

Maybe something like this?

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999137

You couldalso repalce the fans with 12" that have built in fan controls.You could also check the internet and see if Gigabyte can control the fan speeds or there is a program that will let you do that. I am assuming that the fans you are talking about are not attached to the motherboard and instead connected by the molex connectors. If so, I think your best bet is a case fan controller from Newegg.

Good Luck,

Adrian

Are we sure we don't mean 120 >millimeter<. I've always been under the impression that a quotation mark (') stood for inches, and the apostrophe (') stood for the foot.
Cause a 12" (inch) fan, that's really a bigun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back