Computer Freezing Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,
Im new to this place but i was told its the best place to go andask you about my Peoplem, ye its really anyoing, , well, my computer freezes for no reason, randomly, i really need it fixed because im a graphics designer and i can do any work. i know its not a heating proplem, its not the OS its not a virus or spyware, ive tested the ram as well, im out of ideas , and i really need this fix soon :(, i really hope you lot can help me out here, im not the best at computers, but if you need to know anything, please just ask :)

Chris.

Hi Hurricanewind,

Does it freeze at random times? Or are there certain programs you are running and then it freezes.

For example, I had a machine in the workshop that only froze when playing a DVD

Also, what virus/spyware checks did you run?

And are there any recent system errors in eventviewer.

Start > Run > Type eventvwr and press enter > Click on System

Sorry for covering past ground, but just getting a basic picture of the scenario.

How have you checked the memory? If you used Memtest, then how long did you leave it running.

Also it may help if you can find any of your minidumps and post them up here.

C:\Windows\Minidumps

Then we can debug them and see if its a faulting service/device causing the issue.

Have you done any hard drive scans at all? And is your Hard drive PATA or SATA connection

Sorry for all the questions, but a system freezing can be plenty of things and not always the most obvious! :)

i lest a mem test for about, 5 hours i think,
i got no errors,
and i tryed getting to C:\Windows\Minidumps, but windows could not find it it

What were the spyware/virus checks?

And have you ran any hard disk scans?

Don't worry about minidumps, sometimes the computer is not configured to store them, its just handy in some cases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back