Computer is freezing a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
2.80 GHz,960 MB of RAM

My computer freezes alot.Sometimes right after boot sometimes longer.I just want it to stop freezing i've tried to Defrag it I have tried Registry Cleaner's Lots of things i just need help. I don;t know what to do.

It could be a problem with memory or the power supply... Is it time to take it to someone that knows computers very well?

What type of "freezing" is it doing? BSOD (Black Screen of Death)? Is it just shutting off? Is it just locking in place and doing nothing? Could be different problems/solutions depending on the exact situation. What OS are you running? Have you flashed a new BIOS lately? Really need more information to have any kind of constructive solution.

What type of "freezing" is it doing? BSOD (Black Screen of Death)? Is it just shutting off? Is it just locking in place and doing nothing? Could be different problems/solutions depending on the exact situation. What OS are you running? Have you flashed a new BIOS lately? Really need more information to have any kind of constructive solution.

I know this is very unhelpful but BSOD stands for Blue Screen of Death, not black. And BSOD happens when windows crashes and is unable to recover from a system error.

Not unhelpful, thanks for that correction. I'm just tired (I get up at 4am for work) and didn't catch my mistake. I know of a lot of...ignorant (just don't know) people who think the BSODs are freezes.

For this person, I would say that his PSU could be the problem, but going through the other forum posts in this category could have given them a solution to try.

We are aware of this Clone512, and Windows BSODs can be caused by many things, even driver conflicts. lillolegigi2 hasn't given us much to go on, and as I suggested, he or she needs to take the computer to someone near by, to troubleshoot and repair

You are right Tmagic. I just hate seeing someone have to take a computer into a shop. They are so very expensive.

Even a computer savvy friend could handle this for lillolegigi2... lillolegigi2 could be under 18

accually heat problem figured it out i noticed the fans starting to make insanly loud sounds opened it up and the fan was clogged with dust (with the rest of the computer) thanks for the help but i fixed it ^^ (Thank god i didn't send in for fixing)

Good deal. :D Glad you got it figured out. I find it's best to clean my computer at least once a month. I get quite a bit of dust in my area though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back