Computer keeps freezing

thebratt73

lately my computer has been freezing up if i open a page the page doesn't show up at the bottom of the screen and when i go to x out of it it does nothing and if i do ctrl alt del the box is empty also when i click on my icons on my desktop nothing happens it's weird one min it will be working fine and then the next nothing i have no idea what is going on plz help

computer freezing

I also forgot to mention when i restart my computer a box pops up and it says error loading c:\windows\mshtonte.dll the specified module could not be found so what do i do to get rid of the problem

That error comes up as "nothing found" in Google. What antivirus and antimalware programs are you running? While you are at it, what are your computers complete specs?

i use malwarebytes,sybot s&d and avg 2012 also have superanti spyware pro but don't use it often specs are emachine EL300G-02w windows xp home edition with sp3 amd athlon 2650e processor nvidia geforce 6150SE intergrated 160GB hard drive 1GB ddr2 memory

This is an old eMachines so all bets are off... I suspect that the motherboard is failing. I have a 2 year old eMachines on my bench right now, it's motherboard was bad. It is up and running with Windows 7 and a new motherboard... sorry for this info

Back