Computer keeps shutting off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai

Ok, this is a problem I've been having for about two days now. Out of no where my computer just randomly shuts off, then turns it self back on. I have no idea what is causing this problem, I've tried uninstalling a lot of stuff, re-installing and keeps occuring.

I can't post any type of logs for AVG, Hijackthis or anything, because the scan can never finish before the computer just restarts/shuts off. Now when I say it restarts I don't mean it says "Computer is shutting down.." no that doesn't happen, the computer just turns off, then back on.

Also, everytime the computer reboots itself I get this message:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/146/microsofterror1da7.jpg

Then after I click "click here to see what this data report contains" it gives me this:

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/7007/microsofterror2jr5.jpg

Thanks to anyone who can help.

EDIT: Sorry that the imageshack links were down, I reposted them.

If it is restarting again immediately after shutting down then it's unlikely to be an overheating problem. Sounds more like malware to me. I wouldn't go clicking on unknown links to image files anyway!
I'd run your antivirus and anti-malware scanners if you can to see if they spot something.
If that doesn't work maybe you can use system restore to go back to before the problem first occurred.

Important note for you.....

Disable the automatic restart of your system, and post the dump that you get in c:\windows\minidumps (c:\ can be your local drive).

hope this should be helpfull.

--Sebastian Fernandez

It doesn't restart right after startup, it may be 15 minutes, it may be 2 hours. I never know when it will happen.

sebastian_11 said:
Important note for you.....

Disable the automatic restart of your system, and post the dump that you get in c:\windows\minidumps (c:\ can be your local drive).

hope this should be helpfull.

--Sebastian Fernandez

How can I disable the automatic restart of my system?

And here is one of the minidumps from today. (Attached file)

disable automatic restart

Disable the automatic restart by going in to system from control panel >>advanced and disable automatic restart

You've got 2 AV programs running; you can only have one. The dump references a Kaspersky file, so uninstall Kaspersky. AVG is more up to date as well.

BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, b8f01a50, f78aabf0, f78aa8ec}
Unable to load image Klpf.sys, Win32 error 2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Klpf.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Klpf.sys
Probably caused by : HTTP.sys ( HTTP!UlInitializeConnectionTimerInfo+22 )

I use AVG Anti-Virus and Kaspersky as my firewall. So what should I use instead for a firewall? I think Kaspersky is pretty good for one. Or should I just re-install it?

If it's just the firewall component then you can try updating it. As you can see, the file is fairly old.

f7727000 f772d1e0 Klpf Klpf.sys Thu Aug 04 23:19:22 2005 (42F231FA)

It just did it again, out of now where the computer just shut off again. I don't think AVG and Kaspersky are causing it..but I'll reinstall both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back