Computer - No Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening and Happy Thanksgiving to all. It is the original Nvidia GeForce 4 MX Graphics card. The pins are all straight. I get nothing as far as video goes. I hear the fan and the beeps and the system running. I was not upgrading. I just powered down the system before a weekend family trip and when we tried to boot up, nothing. I tried the monitor and video card a second time on a different computer and they work fine. I forgot the specs:
Emachines T2825 2800 AMD Athlon, 120 GB, 512 MB, Nvidia GeForce 4 MX Graphics PCI video Card. Windows XP home EDT.

Have you tried the graphics card in any other pci slots?

Because it's an emachine, you should replace the psu for one of decent quality especially if it is the bestec model.

Well things like modems, sound cards, network cards, tv cards, and many many more are all available in pci therefore a mobo of the age of your one will have several pci slots.

You have done what most people would do. Both components work outside of your specific machine. (Monitor & Graphics card). Now: start eliminating other components. Test your ram module(s). Pull the battery for 20 seconds. Inspect your hard disc cables. Do you get the 'green lite' on the monitor as though a normal boot up occurred and it's running but you just can't see it? It would be great if you know someone with a machine with the same bios as yours so you could hook up the hardisk and test that. Start there..Good Luck.

Testing the hard drive in a different pc is a very bad idea as emachine are too cheap to supply a windows cd so they put it on a partition on the hdd. Another pc may well rewrite the boot order and/or assign incorrect drive letters rendering the windows partition useless (seen it done before).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back