Computer not Responding to Commands

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tifc8lraz

My secondary computer is slowly dying, and is loaded with Xp Home. The problem I have is the fact that half the time I load up Windows, and wait for it to complete this process, and then click on something, nothing happens. For instance, Internet Explorer doesn't open up. Task Manager doesn't open up. Right click properties doesn't open up. Games don't open up as well. Can anyone figure this problem out?

yes, I have run Norton AntiVirus 2007 Beta, and Counterspy.

My second computer was just replaced! Parents got a brand new Sony Vaio!!!!

There was a post i saw some time ago by someone that worked in a repair shop, he absolutely hated sony vaio's and said that they make up almost half their business because they are cheaply made and always go wrong.

If i can find that post again i will put a link to it so you can see what i mean.

Even google spell checker doesn't like sony vaio!!! hehe

wow I didnt know that I dont own a sony computer I always heard good things about them but I would guess the other 50% maybe 75% or more of their business is dell's lol. I have 2 that both are less than a year old oens a laptop other one is a desktop and what a joke they are deff cheaply built and tech support isnt good at all either but yeah I would guess if 50% of their business is sony's then sony is just as bad as dell

The thread was called "ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB and Sony VAIO, problems!"

You should be able to search for it, read post #6.

well, it might be that your startup list is really clogged, you can relieve this problem by:

- go to "Run..." in the start menu
- type msconfig and then press enter
- then click the startup tab and uncheck all the stuff you don't want to run when u startup the computer but be sure not to uncheck your anti-virus or anything super important.
- click OK and restart your computer
- you should have a much faster startup time because you don't have all those programs requesting memory and CPU power.

I hope that helps !

The computers specs are really nice:

Intel Pentium 4 (2 of them???) @ 3.6ghz (800mhz fsb)(1mb l2)
1GB DDR Ram (pc3200)
250GB 7200rpm hard drive
Ati Radeon x300
A tv tuner card
Xp Media Center
Dual Layer Dvd Writer
PCI-E X16 Slot
They payed just over 1K for. Good Deal????

p.s.
For Omski, the system starup was only 3 or 4 programs, and it would usually happen after it booted and the comp was on for a while.

GeekieNick101 said:
wow I didnt know that I dont own a sony computer I always heard good things about them but I would guess the other 50% maybe 75% or more of their business is dell's lol. I have 2 that both are less than a year old oens a laptop other one is a desktop and what a joke they are deff cheaply built and tech support isnt good at all either but yeah I would guess if 50% of their business is sony's then sony is just as bad as dell

I Hate Dells!!!! I had two of them!!!! They are terrible performers!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back