Computer Overheating Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i turn the computer on, the temperature is around 45C, in about 5 minutes it reached 60C. How can i prevent this, and what could be the problem. I downloaded Motherboard Monitor and it reads the temperture of the Case, and CPU. Is this program accurate with its readings. What do you suggest i do to fix it?

Uhh, Im not sure about that information. Is there any place in the owners manual or on the PC that I could find out what it is?

The make is MDG. Im not sure about the other details.

-Daniel

Looking at the front and the label(s) on the back of the pc is a good place to start!!!!!!!!!

With the PC at the Desktop, you can push and hold the Windows key, then tap the Pause/Break key up over towards the keypad, and get the system panel. You can also right-click on My Computer and select properties. It will tell you some of what we need...

Actually, for a P4, 60c isnt too awful. It is a bit on the high side, but it doesn't hurt unless the system shows you it is a bother. Like, rebooting, hanging, BSoD's and stuff like that. If it's running okay I wouldnt worry about the temps.

I should add that if there is anywhere that an additional case fan will fit, you can add one of them to pull in fresh air. Also make sure that the cables in the case arent blocking the CPU cooling fan, and make sure that the CPU fan DOES work. Don't laugh, it happens all the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back