Computer randomly crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

realbaz

My computer has been fine for years but recently i added a new processor into it.
it was fine for the last 4 months but it randomly freezes and crashes the computer.
I have tried formatting with multiple operating systems. but to no avail (win xp home , win xp pro , windows vista basic )
my computer specs currently:

Windows vista (X86)
AMD Athlon:
* (core multiplier) X2
* (clock speed per core) 3800+
* (core memory) 2GHZ per core

1GB DDR (SDRAM) pc3200 RAM

5200 RPM IDE 120gb HDD

Nvidia GeForce 8400GS 512mb (PCI Ex)

PCI Genius Sound maker value 5.1 (PCI)

1 dvd drive (samsung something cant remember model)

450Watt PSU

any other information or logs needed i will provide, thanks in advance

I have that same cpu. :) This random crashing sounds like it might be corrupted memory but we need more information. When it crashes what error codes do the Blue Screens give you? Also, what is the make of your RAM?

I have got multiple errors i will post them as i get them :) here is the most recent

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: f7
BCP1: 94446A18
BCP2: 0081F315
BCP3: FF7E0CEA
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini030110-08.dmp
C:\Users\Sean\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-44453-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Sean\AppData\Local\Temp\WERC3AD.tmp.version.txt

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps so that we can read them. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Here are my minidumps. I dont know if they are similar but these are all of them (14 in total)

Attachments

• Minidump1.zip
    94.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Minidump2.zip
    80.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Minidump3.zip
    70.3 KB · Views: 2
Faulty RAM

Your windows is crashed with various bugcheck code such as 19, 1A, 50, 8E and C2. There have 5 minidumps with bugcheck code 1A. Probably the problem is related to faulty ram.

My new ram has come and installed 2GB (2x1gb) pc3200 DDR ram , installed fine but the computer still crashes randomly but not as much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back