Computer Restarts ( Bsod) With Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexlive01

hi guys i am new around here... i need some help.... my computer ramdomly restarts with games ( right now with PES 2008 ) but pretty much with any game i play; but only with games everything else its ok, i disable automatic restart option so i could get a pic of the PSOD... plus iam attaching my latest mini dump so somebody can check its out.

i have a crappy old monitor right now btw, found it in the trash i think haha.... but thats another story lol

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidump crashes with memory corruption.

This is probably caused by faulty or incompatible ram.

Test your ram as per these instructions.

MODULE_NAME: memory_corruption

IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption

FOLLOWUP_NAME: memory_corruption

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

MEMORY_CORRUPTOR: STRIDE

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_STRIDE

BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_STRIDE

Followup: memory_corruption

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

thanks for the posts friends, sorry i didnt post earlier, right now what ive been doing is testing the game with my 3 memorys sticks i have, i have 2 generic ( dotn even know the brand ) one is 128mb and the other 256mb , both of them ddr 2100, the other one i have is a patriot 512mb 922100 cl2.5 psd5122661...

1) the computer crashes (bsod) with the 3 memory sticks together.
2) ive tried the game with only the patriot memory stick and still crashes ( its only 6 months old so go figure).
3) ive yet to try the other 2 sticks, but iam worried to use one at a time cause of the low mb , it might make make my system unstable cause the game uses at least 512mb i think, so what iam going to do is try both of the generic sticks together.

so now that we are talking about the subject , i have some questions; what type of memory stick is compatible with my motherboard cause i dont really know much about those things.... so here are my specs including my motheboard specs that might help;

- intel pentium 2.8 ghz
- evga e-geforce 7600 gs 256mb ddr2 agp 8x
- 3 memory sticks ( 128, 256, 512)
- psu ( generic OKIA 420W)

- mother board:
ECS L4VXA2
VIA P4X400 PA FSB 533

Features/Specifications:

* ECS L4VXA2 VIA P4X400 Socket 478 ATX Motherboard

* General Features:
* VIA P4X400 North Bridge chipset
* VT8235 South Bridge chipset
* Supports Hyper-Threading technology
* ATX form factor w/20-pin ATX power connector and 4-pin ATX12V power connector
* Socket 478
* 400/533 MHz FSB
* Supports up to 3 GB DDR RAM (DDR200/200/266/333)
* Two (2) UDMA/133/100/66/33 IDE controllers
* One (1) floppy controller
* AC'97 integrated audio CODEC
* VT6103 integrated 10/100 Ethernet

* Expansion Slots:
* One (1) AGP 8x slot
* Five (5) PCI slots
* One (1) CNR slot
* Three (3) 184-pin DIMM slots

* Supported Processors:
* Intel Pentium 4 Socket 478 processors w/400/533 MHz FSB

well i tried the game with only the other 2 generic memory sticks together and my computer still crashes... man i hate computers so much , i mean i dont mind spending money to fix whatever, but why are we forced to guess whats the problem....

i just dont want it to be my videocard , i just bought it some months ago and this problem started at least a month long.... ill like to point out that before this i had an ati radeon but it gave up.... so i bought a new radeon one but i had problems with it cause of of the overwritten drivers and crap so i coulndt make it work... so then i bouth this 7600 gs videocard and aleluya it all worked fine again... i was playing for some months several games with out any problems uptil like a month and a half my pes 6 started crashing and sometimes my computer restarted , i have so many programs i have installed in that time i just dont remember which ones , some that may have corrupted something.... now the only game i have installed is pes 2008 and my computer crashes some minutes along the game , sometimes longer sometimes lesser.

so heres what i have been reading around;

- if its the memory; buy a new memory
- if its the psu; buy a new psu
- its the drivers ;install newest (tought i already have)
- if its some other drivers corrupting ; format you computer
- if its the videocard ; buy a new videocard ( oh please god dont let it be)

You really need to test your ram as I suggested.

As for ram that is compatible with your mobo, you should be able to find that info, either in your mobo manual or on your mobo manufacturers website.

Regards Howard :)

howard_hopkinso said:
You really need to test your ram as I suggested.

As for ram that is compatible with your mobo, you should be able to find that info, either in your mobo manual or on your mobo manufacturers website.

Regards Howard :)

ok mate i will try a mem test soon

AlbertLionheart said:
In addition to what Howard has suggested, it might be worth getting and running Everest from www.majorgeeks.com just to make sure it is not overheating and to check the PSU output.

so i installed everest tought i dont know what iam supose to do , still i got some pics for you about the sensor icons when running the game ( thankfully this time the computer didnt crash so i had time to take the pics ) ; notice the gpu gets up to 61 , 62 or 63 ( dont know if its bad or what, cause the standard is 50 when iam not runing the game ) , the memory utilization gets up 70... hope the pics help so you make and opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back