Computer restarts right after playing a game, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapeSkater

Hey, so I play a game called Combat Arms, and apparently, I can't play a newly added mode called Quarantine, since, after about 10 seconds into game play, my computer restarts. I don't see any "blue screen of death", it's just as if I reset my computer manually. When Windows XP does start back up, I get the message that Microsoft has Recovered from a serious issue, or whatever they say. The error signature is as follows:

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : E31444D9 BCP3 : 8CE0299C
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

If anyone else has had this problem, or knows a solution, please tell so below.

Is it only with this game addition that this issue occurs?

Well, if i try to pick up a machine gun, which were in the game from the start, my computer resets. But this in game addition is the only game mode that makes my computer restart.
Thanks for replying :p

By mod, do you mean the game mode "Quarantine"?
It's not really a mod, it's just another part of the game that was added recently through a patch. It behaves like any other game mode.

By mod, do you mean the game mode "Quarantine"?
It's not really a mod, it's just another part of the game that was added recently through a patch. It behaves like any other game mode.

Understand, but what snowchick is driving at is it appears that prior to adding this mod to your game via patch everything was okay, therefore have you tried uninstalling it to see if by doing so it corrects the issue.

I'm reinstalling it right now, but even after i do this, i'm probably still going to be stuck with the problem of picking up machine guns....which gives me the same message, if not something different. By looking at the error message's signature, do you think you can interpret what it really means?

I can tell you this that 0x8E errors are almost always caused by hardware and are especially stong indicators of corrupted memory. However, they sometimes can be caused by faulty drivers. We need your minidumps for further analysis.

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps (or less if you don't have five). Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Eeeh, I think I managed to Zip them all into one folder (which has a little zipper on it) but I'm not sure how to post that on the web. Thanks for you help so far, by the way. XD

I just posted something that definitely wasn't going to get you to my Minidump files, so I'll just edit it by typing this message. o.o

OH MY GOD IT'S FIXED! THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR GIVING YOUR TIME FOR MY ASSISTANCE X) I think one of the files DID get corrupted in the patch! Thanks a lot guys :) I don't care about machine guns, btw -.- that problem can be left unsolved.

Okay, it looks like I spoke too soon @.@ my computer still restarts whenever i get into a starting match, but apparently, my computer won't restart as quickly as long as I join an ongoing match....weird. So I guess this problem still isn't solved.

Hmm...I tried joining an ongoing match, but that didn't solve the issue. I guess the time when I didn't restart was because it was either a one time thing, or because I was turning into a zombie @.@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back