Computer science topic ideas

ButteredToast

Hello everyone, I'm a computer science senior about to graduate this December. One of my projects this semester is to give a group presentation and an individual presentation on a topic related to computer science to an audience of my peers and faculty.

I'm here to ask my fellow Techspot members if they could help me think of any interesting topics to give my individual presentation on. For my group presentation we are doing IPv6 and I need another topic for my individual presenation. The topic needs to be related to computer science, somewhat current, and I need to be able to find enough information on it to do a somewhat technical presentation. It's more like a "current events in computer science" kind of thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Oh, dear. What have you been doing with all your classes, mate? A senior like yourself may have figured it out already, not to mention a CS stud.

I don't think anyone's going to comply with the matter, no offense. Maybe try other websites, or use Google. Trust me, it helps. And perhaps read computer books while you got the ample time for you and your members.

Good Luck! :D

Suggestions:
  1. Importance and remaining issues of Layered Security
  2. Issues for allowing BYOD (look it up) into the infrastructure
  3. Schemes for controlling and tracking Documents.
  4. Techniques for managing the ubiquitous USB threat and still allow some usage.

Oh, dear. What have you been doing with all your classes, mate? A senior like yourself may have figured it out already, not to mention a CS stud.
My My; does the green monster lurk about? Having skill does not imply imagination. Thomas Edison lacked imagination too, but used the brute force process of elimination to find how to make the light bulb work. Beyond that, he hired imaginative people, moved them to New Jersey, and started inventing and creating patients by the score.
The brilliance is to know one's self and to be willing to ask/look for ideas when necessary :)

TS is about contributing - - not carping

Thanks for the suggestions jobeard. Your Layered Security idea got me thinking about network security related topics. I needed something really meaty to get technical with (I also have to do a 5-10 page research paper) so I decided to do my project on DoS methods and defense. I just hope there's enough I can research about DoS to do my project on. Thanks again!

Back