Computer shuts off on own, don't think it's a virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer has been shutting off on its own. At first i though it was a virus, but in the middle of a scan the computer will shut off like someone pulled the plug. I looked up my problem and read an old thread that dealt with this same problem. It turned out something was wrong with their hard drive. Well, I downloaded Everest Ultimate Edition hoping it'll tell me what's wrong with the computer... I don't know how to the program.

Does anyone know how to use the program and/or how else I could figure out what's wrong?

This can be due to many reasons such as heat or failing power supply unit.

1. Do you have dust built up? Have you ever used compressed air to clean out your system? Are all your fans operating?

2. Your harddrive mnanufacturer should have a completely free utility for your haddrive that will provide diagnostics; it will be ontheir website. Run a full diagnostics.

Indeed, try the first suggestion he had, cause on my sisters pc whenever I tried to scan with Spybot it would either restart, turn off, or freeze the pc. And would you know if was a buildup of dust on the cpu fan and ram, which took only minutes to clean with compressed air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back