Computer slowed down all of a sudden and won't play games

So the other day i wen't to a friends house with my compy played some Skyrim, and Tf2 ran beautifully on ultra for Skyrim. But when i get home plug in my computer and boot up some Skyrim it is so laggy and choppy i can't even play, mind you i've played 40 + hours with nothing like this happening, I'm just wondering if i knocked something loose while moving or it could be an internal error.

I run and Asus with:
Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1035T Processor, 2600 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)

8 gigs of ram
and an ATI Radeon 3000

Thanks for any help in advance.

Ok, lemme get this straight:

1) you went to your friend`s house with your LAPTOP (or Desktop?), played some Skyrim and Team Fortress 2, and Skyrim ran fine. how about TF2?

2) You went back home, plugged your Power Supply into your Laptop, turned it on, and games would run bad?

Is that it?

If so, then i`d ask you to unplug your power supply and run it again, without it hooked

If so, then i`d ask you to unplug your power supply and run it again, without it hooked

Sounds like a PC to me - Highly unlikely it will run without a power cord attached, unless your reference to unhook means something else entirely?

Its possible something has dislodged during transit. Open the case up (with the mains disconnected) and verify all the power connectors are fully home. It's unlikely the cause, but its worth double checking anyway.

Have you done any recent updates or made any system changes before returning the computer home?

Back