Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop.
Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.
NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.
NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run
Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.
Make sure the following options are checked:
It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
Please copy and paste the log to your reply.
Results of screen317's Security Check version 1.014 --- 12/23/15
x64 (UAC is enabled)
Internet Explorer 11 ``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:``````````````
Windows Firewall Enabled!
[size=1]WMI entry may not exist for antivirus; attempting automatic update.[/size] `````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:````````` ````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````
Windows Defender MSMpEng.exe
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice.exe
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamtray.exe
Windows Defender MSASCuiL.exe `````````````````System Health check`````````````````
Total Fragmentation on Drive C: % ````````````````````End of Log``````````````````````
Farbar Service Scanner Version: 27-01-2016
Ran by Snorlax (administrator) on 02-11-2018 at 21:33:35
Running from "C:\Users\Snorlax\Desktop"
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (X64)
Boot Mode: Normal
Localhost is accessible.
Google IP is accessible.
Google.com is accessible.
Yahoo.com is accessible.
Firewall Disabled Policy:
System Restore Policy:
Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy:
C:\Windows\System32\nsisvc.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\nsiproxy.sys => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\afd.sys => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\tdx.sys => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\tcpip.sys => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\dnsrslvr.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\dnsapi.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dnsapi.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\mpssvc.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\bfe.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mpsdrv.sys => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\SDRSVC.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\vssvc.exe => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\wscsvc.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\wbem\WMIsvc.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\wuaueng.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\qmgr.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\es.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\cryptsvc.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpSvc.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\ipnathlp.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\iphlpsvc.dll => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe => File is digitally signed
C:\Windows\System32\rpcss.dll => File is digitally signed
1. This step will remove all cleaning tools we used, it'll reset restore points (so you won't get reinfected by accidentally using some older restore point) and it'll make some other minor adjustments... This is a very crucial step so make sure you don't skip it.
DelFix by Xplode to your desktop. Delfix will delete all the used tools and logfiles.
Double-click Delfix.exe to start the tool.
Make sure the following items are checked:
Activate UAC (optional; some users prefer to keep it off)
Remove disinfection tools
Create registry backup
Purge System Restore
Reset system settings
Now click "Run" and wait patiently.
Once finished a logfile will be created. You don't have to attach it to your next reply.
2. Make sure Windows Updates are current.
3. If any trojans, rootkits or bootkits were listed among your infection(s), make sure, you change all of your on-line important passwords (bank account(s), secured web sites, etc.) immediately!
5. Run Malwarebytes "Quick scan" once in a while to assure safety of your computer.
6. Run Temporary File Cleaner (TFC) and AdwCleaner weekly (you need to redownload these tools since they were removed by DelFix).
7. (optional) If you want to keep all your programs up to date, download and install FileHippo App Manager.
The Update Checker will scan your computer for installed software, check the versions and then send this information to FileHippo.com to see if there are any newer releases.
8. When installing\updating ANY program, make sure you always select "Custom " installation, so you can UN-check any possible "drive-by-install" (foistware), like toolbars etc., which may try to install along with the legitimate program. Do NOT click "Next" button without looking at any given page.
I'm sorry I didn't get to reply sooner! I'm glad to know that there isn't anything malicious on my computer. I wonder why LOL got deleted? Right now, the computer feels sluggish. I'm suspecting it's got something to do with Windows' latest update.
Again, thank you so much for all your hep! I will be using your link to send some of my heartfelt gratitude your way.