Computer starts and restart in a loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am new to this site, so hi to everyone.

Actually i have a problem with dell inspiron 530s. Actually pc was running fine and i tried to adjust the network card antenna and accidently network card plugged out from the socket. I shut down pc and try to adjust it and this is not the first time it happened i did it before and never had a problem. After adjusting network card when i tried to turn on my pc it started continou on and off state. I can't even see initial logo and POST process. I googled it and find some solutions. I unplugged all parts except 2 wires going from power supply to motherboard. One is 12 pin and the second is 4 pin. I did check my ram one by one but no avail. I sent my desktop to my friend and he checked the power supply and said its OK. My friend tried to figure it out and he changed the processor but when he changed the processor computer showed the initial screen but than it again started same on and off process. Now what he says is this is the problem with processor not motherboard. But i am not sure if this could be a problem with processor because it was the last thing i was thinking to change. I need help to figure out what might causing this problem and is it really possible that processor is causing trouble?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Follow these steps:

1. Remove all components from the motherboard except the CPU and a single stick of RAM. (If you do not have onboard VGA then you will have to keep the graphics card in place. Do not connect the HDD.)

2. Take the motherboard out of the case and place it on an anti-static surface.

3. Connect only the required wires from the PSU to the mobo such that the attached components receive power. (20+4 pin power connector, 4 pin CPU connector, etc.)

4. Ensure that the CPU heatsink is firmly locked in place.

5. Power on the PC and see if it POSTs and if you're able to get to BIOS.

Report back with the results.

It could be a temperature issue. You may want to replace the thermal paste on the CPU. Also, when you were trying to put the network card in you might have shorted something.

I have done 1st step and heatsink is firmly locked.

It has been three days since this issue started and i have removed all components and checked everthing one by one but no result.

Also, when you were trying to put the network card in you might have shorted something.

Thats what i thought. But i don't know how to check without special equipment and unfortunately my warrenty ran out just few weeks before.

I will try it. I have core 2 duo 3 GHZ processor.

But is there any way to check wether its processor problem or mobo without testing processor on another computer.

But is there any way to check wether its processor problem or mobo without testing processor on another computer.

Not that I know of. Maybe others could help.

Like I mentioned before, you may try and re-apply some TIM on your CPU to ensure that it's not an overheating issue. Replacing the motherboard battery may be worth a try but I don't think it's the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back