Computer Tips & Tricks Everyone Should Know

Nice ample list that will help a lot of people.

I only have 3rd party suggestions I recently found out about.

Autoruns - Advanced startup manager.
Ventoy - an open source tool to create bootable USB drive for ISO/WIM/IMG/VHD(x)/EFI files. The star of the show is the ability to boot from multiple ISO's on the same drive.

Thanks for the info!! Always good to learn some more shortcut keys. Less time jumping between keyboard and mouse in productivity apps and the OS is always more efficient.

Love that "God Mode" folder. That is awesome! Already knew where to find most of those screens, but having them all in one location is... well... God-like!
"POWER OVERWHELMING!"

"Minimize all windows Sometimes you have a bunch of stuff running, and you want it all to go away so you can get to the desktop. Simply pressing Windows key + D will minimize everything you have up, which will save you some time pressing the minimize button for each window. It should be noted that Windows + M offers similar functionality, but there is no undoing, so Windows + D is the more favorable approach."

Minimize using Windows + M DOES have an "undo". You can use Windows + Shift + M. Agree that Windows + D is better, though. Same key combo for the action and undo. Not all keyboards have a Windows key on both sides of the spacebar., so the M is a little odd at times.

Another option for screenshots is Windows + Shift + S. It allows you to draw a quadrilateral (square or rectangle) around anything on your screen and have it as a screenshot. Windows + Shift + S also provides options for freeform, selecting a specific application, or for a full screen screenshot. The area you select is automatically added to the clipboard for easy pasting into email or a document.

Thanks again!

Godmode! I forgot that existed, but it's very handy.

And reopening a closed tab is also indispensable.

Regarding screenshots, I really like sharex. You can choose regions of the screen, draw and edit it as you like, plus there is workflows to upload online, to email, etc. You can customise it to your needs, plus it's free.

Back