Computer Will Not Turn On

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have connected everything, the stand offs on the p35 ds3p the fan, with thermal paste, the 8600gt, the drives, and all the plugs, with the power supply. after pushing the power button, it flashes on for about 1 second, the fan in the supply moves slightly, and then it stops. its happened about 3 times now. what could be the problem? could it be a faulty power supply? do the wires touching the case cause a short? or is that negligent? also, could it be the motherboard being shhorted? thanks for any help...

Could be many things. I'd say could be a short. Also, this happened to me and it was because the processor was fried.

Well, you may have a completely bust processor/fan, yet there is probably a malfunction with the fan. Clean it out thoroughly, using a straw to blow out all the dust. You will then need to report back to here.

This may not work, but it's best to rule out the free/cheap options before I tell you to buy a new processor or fan.

yea. i watched a couple of videos on building, then i used the manual that came with the processor and hooked everything up.

could it be because an sata wire or power supply wire, or case connectors are touching the chassis? would that cause a short?
edit: it still won't work........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back