Computer won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi !

I recently bought a new computer. And it ran just fine but i did something bad (i think cause i knew what it was ). So let me explain better.

My specs are:

foxconn motherboard (I dont know what model)
1gb ram
ati x1200
amd athlon le 1600 2.20 ghz
233 HDD

Except the ati x1200, wich it looked very good to me, the computer had another grachics card but onboard. it was a intel grapchis controller.
And as it was onboard it worked with shared memory. so it tooked me ram memory.
My ram instead of appearing 1 gb or 1024 mb it showed 896 mb. So i went to the bios options(when u start the computer and press del) and i wanted to put its memory to 32 mb but i decided to disable it because it was no use.i event had the drivers. So i saved the changes and restarted my computer and i was sure of what i was doing cause i thought it has 2 cards so i'll disable one and keep the best.
But after that my computer won't start. it looks like the monitor is not connected.
So please help!!! i don't know what to do!!!!!:

You need to reset your Bios to clear that meddling you did.

Pull out the CMOS battery per your manual (or use the on mobo reset jumpers).

If you bought a new comp, read your manual.

They cover CMOS (Bios) reset.

I need to know the actual motherboard.

thnx but if u could give some little more help.
for example what's the cmos battery or how do i pull it out or how does it look..

ah and another thing will my hard drive be formatted ....i mean will any of my data lose?

it only had a monitor manual...:dead:

hey cct thnx for the help!!!i owe u big..i found the bios i removed it and plugged in again and it worked!!!!..tnx again

Good for you - NEVER EVER buy a comp that doesn't have an inclusive manual.

If the vendor can't give you explicit motherboard, etc, info on how to manage the equipment you are buying, look for one that will. Or get a 50 year warranty FREE!

:)

Well, actually Kimsland, you should have renamed it 'I Screwed with my Bios and My Computer Won't Start'.

If you want to be accurate.

And, instead of going through reams of info (which is very good by the way) this poster got directions pdq because the poster admitted to screwing in the Bios.

OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back