Configuration headache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi EveryOne
I`m new here hope and pray some one can help me out with a bios problem.
My Dell Latitude c610 bios:A16 unit #G7RDK21-595B. While downloading xp patch #2 "which never downloaded properly. Suddenly my windows XP will not load. I keep getting the C0000135 winsrv cannot be found, Try reinstalling the component again message keeps popping up on me. I cannot access my systems settings because of the configuration and administrator passwords. I`ve unplugged my reserve battery for hours and I put it back together but I still get the same C10000135 message. Can some one give me some advice before I toss my laptop out the window? She was working great until I tried getting that xp2 patch. Please. Thanks so much.
Clark40

but can she boot till the desktop.if yes then insert the winxp cd and update it.about the BIOS,DELL has a type of security system that save its password in a special chip called EEPROM this chip has an inbuilt battery,and it can last a maximum of 10 year without that other battery, unless u manually reset it.so try the update idea.wish u luck.Robin

Hi
No it wont load to my desktop. C10000135 WINSRV cannot find component keeps popping up instead of my desktop. Thanks
Clark40

SP2 Issue

Clark40:

I’m at Dell Headquarters in Austin, Texas and I just came across this thread and wanted to add something. It does not appear that the bios version has anything to do with the issue you're experiencing. It is more likely an issue with MS updates and a piece of third-party software. If you're able to boot into safemode there is a registry fix you can use. If not you would attempt to fix the issue from recovery console. I won't include all the steps in this post since all the info is in the MSKB article below. Let me know if tyhat fixes it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885523/en-us

Neil
Dell, Inc.
neil@dell.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back