Configuring my Network Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr-Death

what would be the best settings for my network card ? The reason i ask is i read somewhere(i forget where) that Configuring this will help in online games ping and lag wise. Thanks

windows xp sp1
cable modem
netgear fa310tx erthernet

If you need to know something else please post

Download an app called Cablenut, or go to http://www.dslreports.com/ and run their tweak test. They also have a couple of tools there that might be of interest to you, such as Dr TCP. The tweak test will give you some recommendations for changing your settings if needed. Cablenut will do similar though it will give you the option of applying the settings for you.

There isn't much you can configure on your network card itself that would affect your internet connection speed since the bottleneck is your cable connection.

If you want some settings to play with, download the NIC driver from the manufacturer and replace the MS one.

Originally posted by Nodsu

If you want some settings to play with, download the NIC driver from the manufacturer and replace the MS one.

That's what i have

what I want to Configure are the options under advanced tap
where it says Burst length. Connection Type. network address and Transmit Threshold but I don't know what to put..

Just leave the defaults, you won't get any noticeable performance boost. Make sure that connection type is full duplex.

there are 2 choices for full duplex which do you recommend

100base-Tx Full_duplex
or
10base-T Full_duplex

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back