Confused about BIOS compatibility

I am currently planning to build my first-ever computer using pc part picker. When I select the motherboard and cpu that I want I get this error message:

The Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard supports the AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor with BIOS version 2607. If the motherboard is using an older BIOS version, upgrading the BIOS will be necessary to support the CPU.

I understand how to upgrade bios I am just wondering if I’ll be able to upgrade when I first boot up the computer despite the CPU’s incompatible bios version.

If you went out and bought a brand new motherboard, it will almost certainly have the very latest BIOS installed. In the case of the one you've mentioned, you can check out the various BIOS releases on the support site:

Note how there have been nearly 15 BIOS releases since version 2607. Also, the Ryzen 5600X was launched in November 2020, so you would have to be really unlucky to get a motherboard that hasn't been updated in the past two years.

But, if you really wanted to be sure that you can update the BIOS, even if the board you get doesn't have the latest one, then you'll need a small USB flash drive (8GB will do), formatted to FAT32. Use another computer to download the BIOS file, copy the file onto the flash drive, and boot the new PC with the drive in it (ensuring no other HDD or SSD is connected). Then you'll be able to update the BIOS from the flash drive.

Back