Console to PC games(why does it take so long)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I was wondering why games like Halo 2 and Gears Of War take so long to come out for the PC when they are made on the PC.

Well as im not part of the game making industry in any part I may be a little off but I would say its because these games are programmed to function on the various consoles first and foremost as with titles like Halo being a flagship title.... I believe the games have to then be reprogramed so that they function on PC taking into account of the multitude of hardware configs out there and adjust the games internal workings accordingly would obviously take time..... and as we know games like Halo 2 etc are just an after thought for the PC

IMO

console = Alien Ware. They make it easy for everyone to run a high demanding game without a high end system :D

this way; they could make more money from people that just wanna get into the game without any hassles.

My guess is the mighty dollar! In the cases you mentioned they are both Microsift games and pretty big ones for them. They are both released for the X-Box which is made by.....Microsoft. Therefore I'd say they are looking at the games being popular and right now if you want to play them you have to buy an X-Box. They may very well figure that there are enough who want to play that some will buy and X-Box to play those games. I have HALO 1 on my PC and have wanted to play HALO 2 but not bad enough to spend the cash for the X-Box. I'd guess once HALO 3 is out that 2 will become available for PC as that market hasn't yet been tapped for that game. All my opinion but it makes sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back