Constant Bsods with Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! My HP pavilion e9220f constantly experiences the BSOD. I called HP, but their assistance was useless. Can somebody help me remedy this issue? I will say I do not know how to upload mini dumps (I actually did not know what they are until I did some Google research on BSODs). Thanks!

The error starts with: 0x0000007F

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Thanks for telling me where to find them. Here they are:).

Attachments

• 032810-34710-01.zip
    114.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 042410-34569-01.zip
    111.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 042410-38017-01.zip
    115.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 042910-31917-01.zip
    113.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 043010-32588-01.zip
    114.2 KB · Views: 1
What we need is the five most recent dumps. Which of the Zip files would contain them?

All five minidumps are the same error code 0x7F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

The driver in question in all five is the same NETIO.SYS which is a Windows operating system driver. Usually these OS drivers are too general to be of much help but I don't think so in this case because NETIO.SYS has to do with networking.

So the issue is either your networking drivers, or problems with your networking device(s).

* Go to HP's website, find your exact model and update their latest networking/NIC card drivers.

* Get back to us with the results and if this doen't work we'll try other things. (It is late here on the East Coast so I am hitting the sack)

Downloaded realtek drivers from HP. Unsuccessful in resolving the problem =(.

Attached are mini-dumps from today.

Attachments

• 050110-26769-01.zip
    45.2 KB · Views: 2
Both are 0x7F and both cite the NETIO.SYS as your issue. It could very well be the NIC card itself is bad and no amount of updated drivers will be able to fix it.

You could purchase a Network Interface card and install it. Make sure you disable the onboard one first.

You could also contact HP again and this time tell them your minidump files were read, the error code and the driver cited.

Also let them know of what you have tried. Perhaps they'll have a clue then (with fingers crossed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back