continuing problems with system crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am continually having this problem with nascar 2003 and mvp baseball 2004. i am in the game playing when i get the dreaded blue screen or the i just kicked out of the game back to the desktop. the error messages are not the same but it always states driver problems with the vid or sound card. i have downloaded and installed the proper drivers thtat drivers headquarters had recommended and have switched the sound and vid cards around on the board. i have also tried different cards and still the same problem here are my system specs.

SiSoftware Sandra

System
Host Name : DUKE
User : Owner
Domain : DUKE

Processor
Model : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz
Speed : 3.22GHz
Performance Rating : PR4288 (estimated)
SMT Support : 2 Unit(s)
Type : Standard
L2 On-board Cache : 512kB ECC Synchronous ATC (8-way sectored, 64 byte line size)

Mainboard
Bus(es) : AGP PCI IMB USB FireWire/1394 i2c/SMBus
MP Support : 1 CPU(s)
MP APIC : Yes
System BIOS : Award Software International, Inc. F3
Mainboard : VT8754-8237
Total Memory : 1023MB DDR-SDRAM

Chipset 1
Model : Giga-Byte Technology ProSavageDDR P4X333 CPU to PCI Bridge
Front Side Bus Speed : 4x 202MHz (808MHz data rate)
Total Memory : 1024MB DDR-SDRAM
Memory Bus Speed : 2x 202MHz (404MHz data rate)

Video System
Monitor/Panel : Default Monitor
Monitor/Panel : Gateway VX920
Adapter : NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600XT

Physical Storage Devices
Removable Drive : Floppy disk drive
Hard Disk : IC35L120AVV207-1
CD-ROM/DVD : IDE DVD-ROM 16X
CD-ROM/DVD : WSM-52Z

Logical Storage Devices
1.44MB 3.5" (A:) : N/A
Hard Disk (C:) : 115.0GB (88.3GB, 77% Free) (NTFS)
CD-ROM/DVD (D:) : N/A
Nr2003 (E:) : 444MB (0MB, 0% Free) (CDFS)

Peripherals
Serial/Parallel Port(s) : 2 COM / 1 LPT
USB Controller/Hub : VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller
USB Controller/Hub : Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
USB Controller/Hub : USB Root Hub
USB Controller/Hub : USB Printing Support
FireWire/1394 Controller/Hub : OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
Keyboard : Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse : Microsoft USB IntelliMouse Optical (IntelliPoint)
Human Interface : Logitech MOMO Racing (HID)
Human Interface : Microsoft USB IntelliMouse Optical
Human Interface : Logitech MOMO Racing USB

MultiMedia Device(s)
Device : Creative SB Audigy 2 (WDM)
Device : Creative Game Port

Printers and Faxes
Model : hp deskjet 950c series

Power Management
AC Line Status : On-Line

Operating System(s)
Windows System : Microsoft Windows XP/2002 Home (Win32 x86) 5.01.2600 (Service Pack 1)

Network Services
Adapter : Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC

Overall a nice setup. I would guess (and this is only a guess) that your Audigy card is what's giving you your issues. You say that they're the recommended drivers by Driver Headquarters but are they the most recent available from Creative's site? You also state moving cards around. Make sure this card is at least one slot away from the AGP slot (with hopefully no other cards taking that slot).

On a side note, when updating your video drivers, have you used a driver cleaner to remove the old drivers first?

Also, are there any patches or support available for those games indicating the type of issues you're experiencing....especially if it's 'only' those games?

Just my $.02

i have been to both sites and have the latest drivers. i have not used a driver cleaner but have uninstalled the way that both sites recommend. the cards are separated by an empty slot. both of the games i mentioned are quite video intensive and about all i am playing at this time. i have been to forums for the games and some have had similiar problems and have gone into the bios and disabled shadowing which i cannot do on this mob.

I am also having problems with my computer crashing and I have an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum. You'll find that a LOT of people on the internet are having these problems. I'm not so sure it's the card itself, but rather the 5.1 audio may be causing it. The reason I say that is that I removed the card and nothing crashed. I re-installed my motherboard sound (which is 5.1 audio) and it crashed again. The sound loops and computer hangs. I have a 600 Watt power suppy with a power control drive bay, very sweet power supply and it's all operating correctly.

I've installed win2k, winxp, patched and unpatched, all cards removed except sound, cards inserted one at a time. Games always crash. I've given up and am just using my laptop instead until I can afford to get a non 5.1 sound card.

Good luck,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back