Continuous Rebooting system

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made the mistake of trying to tweak my system too much. After trying to overclock it and it not loading Windows properly I reset everything to it's original settings but then the computer continues to reboot and get to the point where it should load windows but then it reboots again. I don't know what to do next. I've tried F8 to boot in safe mode but it won't make it that far in the loading process.

AMD 64-3000+, 939 pin
Abit AV8 motherboard
1 GB DDR 400 - cas 2.5, dual channel 2X - 512Mb sticks
Dvd/CD-rw drive
Winfast 6600GT 128 Mb AGP
integrated sound
winxp home
internet broadband cable 1.5+Mb/sec

System reboot

Hallo mkhilsmier

I hope that it was not the overclocking that did permanent damage to your pc. Safe mode should have worked if it was a software issue...
What you should try is to clean your motherboard with air just to eliminate socket creep and if it still reboots check that the cpu temp is not too high. The cpu temp should be around 40 degrees (i dont know the reading in farenheit). If it gets too hot you should try to put a bit of compound on the cpu and make sure the cpu fan is working properly and is properly installed.
I had a problem with one of my own pc's that would just reboot by itself
and I replaced about every component but still had the problem. I never thought that I should test another powersupply... After replacing the powersupply, it worked fine....

I hope this info helps, please let me know.

You can try resetting CMOS.

Check your motherboard manual if there are jumpers for this, and if there aren't, then power down your system (and unplug it completely) then take out the cmos battery (from your motherboard).

Leave it out for about a half hour, then put it back in and try booting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back