Cooling for my system

Status
Not open for further replies.

unrealjet

I just built a new comp but i want to cool my cpu and case down a little, im using, specs are 1 gig corsair xms pc3200, asus a8n-sli deluxe, amd 3700 san deigo 64bit, evga 6600gt pci xpress, SATA150 seagate 120gig hd, and a dvd burner with this as the case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811209018 i have stock cpu cooling so far, can any1 give me some reasonabley priced ideas on cooling?( case has 3-4 intake fan slots and 2 exhaust slots) and i dont want to use water cooling

How much are you looking to spend? Is sound level an issue?

Are you planning on overclocking?

hmm well i dont plan on over clocking atm untill i need the actual cpu power, prolly around 100 bucks for the case and cpu togather

You want to spend $100 for just the cooling? You don't need to spend anywhere near that. If your CPU is a retail model (comes with fan) just use the stock cooler. Pick up some cheap 80MM fans for the back of the case (for exhaust).

JMMD, he said case and cooling TOGETHER :p . I'd say if you want good cooling it will take 40 or so dollars, which with the case are under 100 dollars, without shipping and tax of course...

Try a XP-90 (CPU heatsink, better than stock), and put a panaflo 92mm fan (speed of your choosing). And you can buy some fans for the various fan slots provided by the case (80mm, 92mm, and/or 120mm).

I would look at stores like Newegg, SVC, jab-tech, heatsinkfactory, frozencpu, etc. and choose the balance between price, performance, and capabilities of your own choosing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back