Core 2 duo and vista....silly question..need reassurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwyzdreamin04

Wasn't sure if I should put this on this forum or the operating system forum, but here it is.

So I'm building this awesome computer with Core 2 duo. Now it says something about vista isnt fully compatible with dual processors or something.....This statement is what I"m curious about, "While all editions of Windows Vista can support multiple core CPUs, only Windows Vista Business, Ultimate, and Enterprise can support dual processors." So I'm going to buy Vista basic, I can still put it on the core 2 duo system, right? And whats that statement mean?

you can still use it, you probably wouldnt get as much of a performance gain as with the versions that will use both cores simultaneously. I hope you plan on having at least 2 Gigs of ram and a really good video card for all that background stuff that vista has. Before you choose vista make sure you do enough customer reviews on the product and not product reviews in general.

you will be fine with vista and your core 2 processor since it is a multiple core cpu. Dual processors is exactly how it sounds, two separate processors, either being single core or dual core processors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back